H is for Hokey Pokey!
- Grease a tin by rubbing it well with butter. Make sure the butter is all over the base & sides as you don't want any hokey pokey to stick to the tin. Have your tin at the ready to pour the hokey pokey into immediately after you've added the baking soda.
- Place sugar & golden syrup into a medium sized saucepan & heat gently, stirring constantly until the sugar has melted.
- Increase heat & bring to the boil. Boil for 2 mins stirring as necessary to prevent it from burning.
- Remove from heat, add in the baking soda & stir VERY QUICKLY! The mixture will froth up. Pour the hokey pokey into your tin AT ONCE as it will quickly start to set.
- Refrigerate until set & then break up into rough pieces.